Re: [Linux-cluster] RHEL 4.5 -> 4.6 migration

I did a rolling upgrade of a 5 node GFS environment from 4.5 to 4.6 over a week and had no interoperability issues.  I made sure that I had a solid roll-back plan before I upgraded each node just in case.

rhurst bidmc harvard edu
Sent by: linux-cluster-bounces redhat com

01/11/2008 10:36 AM

Please respond to
linux clustering <linux-cluster redhat com>

linux-cluster redhat com
cc
Subject
[Linux-cluster] RHEL 4.5 -> 4.6 migration

Has anyone migrated from an existing 4.5 to the newer 4.6 cluster suite?  We would like to roll out 4.6 in our 11-node cluster, but only one node at a time, over the course of 2-weeks.  Does the two versions intermix well enough to do that?   Or do we need to do take some kind of special care or precaution, like when injecting this dilithium crystal chamber with an inverse tachyon pulse from the main deflector dish?