Re: [Linux-cluster] Graceful recover after connectivity failure

Cliff Hones wrote:
I am using Centos5.1 with GNBD and GNBD fencing.

Is gnbd fencing supported for production environment?
I tried several fencing methods, including manual, san-switch, blade-center, and ILO fencing, and so far the only reliable method based on my experience are ones that can restart the nodes by force (in my case blade-center and ILO).

I am finding that it is impossible to shut down or restart the
cluster components on the affected node, and even trying to force
a reboot from a ssh session just hangs.

By "force a reboot", do you mean "reboot -f"?
I had some situation where "reboot" simply hangs (mostly related with I/O problems), but "reboot -f" works every time.

Regards,

Fajar