Re: [Linux-cluster] Graceful recover after connectivity failure

Cliff Hones wrote:

While I can see that in a controlled production environment the
loss of a server node may be best handled by a forced (power)
reboot, it does seem unfortunate if this has to be done in,
say, an office environment when communication has been temporarily
lost eg while rearranging n/w cabling.

AFAIK the prequisite for a cluster of any kind (be it RHEL or RAC) is that you have a failure-resistant network. This can be achieved for example by using dedicated heartbeat switches or cross-cables (in case of two nodes), plus ethernet bonding (in linux) for redundancy.

While I understand your requirement, I don't think an environment with (possibly) unreliable n/w is a good place for a cluster. Perhaps a simple thin client is more appropriate.

Regards,

Fajar