Re: [Linux-cluster] shared ext3

Brad Filipek wrote:

I know ext3 is not "cluster aware", but what if I had a SAN with an ext3 partition on it and one node connected to it. If I was to unmount the partition, physically disconnect the server from the SAN, connect another server to the SAN, and then mount to the ext3 partition, would there be any issues? I am not looking to access the partition simultaneously, just one at a time. I am asking incase the server connected to the SAN dies and I need to access the data on this ext3 volume from another server. Will it work?

Yes, that's should work quite well. Actually that's how people use ext3 in a cluster environment.

-- Wendy