Re: [Linux-cluster] Tiebreaker IP Address

On Sun, 2008-01-20 at 14:53 +0400, Harun wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> Can any one explain me what exactly is the tiebreaker IP and how does it
> function? What is the use if we set the tiebreaker IP as the Default Gateway
> address?

It lets you ping a gateway in order to maintain quorum after one of the
cluster nodes loses its network connectivity or goes down.  I.e.:

    192.168.1.1
      switch
      |    |
      X    |
      |    |
  node0    node1

Node 1 can still see the switch, so it will stonith/fence node 0 and
continue.

-- Lon