[Linux-cluster] backing up a shared ext3 volume

Hi,

I've got a two node cluster with a (non-concurrent) shared ext3 volume
containing data that needs to be backed up nightly using (EMC) Legato
Networker.

It seems that Networker uses the contents of /etc/fstab to determine
what filesystems are available, rather than calling mount or something
that will display all mounted filesystems. Because the shared volume is
not in /etc/fstab, it doesn't get picked up by Networker.

I'm having trouble finding documentation on how to get around this
problem (don't you just love proprietary "enterprise" solutions?). Has
anyone encountered this or a similar issue before?

I'm going to try a symlink for this evening's run, but I'm not hopeful
that will work.

Cheers,

Nik