[Linux-cluster] Any HA Cluster Success with iSCSI storage?

Ben Russo ben at muppethouse.com
Fri Jan 25 14:51:09 UTC 2008

I currently have a RHEL-3 HA Cluster in a different City using fiber
channel SCSI storage.  It has worked fine.

I want to setup another cluster, this time with RHEL-4.

I already have a NetApp FAS270c (for NFS and CIFS NAS).
It supports iSCSI.

***  Can I setup my two node HA cluster with iSCSI quorum drives and
cluster service storage volumes? (anyone do this before?)

***  I was thinking about getting 10Gbit/sec uplinks for the NetApp and
two ethernet switches that have 10Gbit uplink ports and that support
802.3ad.  The two cluster nodes would use 802.3ad NIC channel bonding
for the storage access bandwidth.  (anyone do this before?)

*** Any suggestions on good switch or NIC hardware for this?

Thanks in advance,
-Ben.