Re: [Linux-cluster] architecture discussion -- NFS clustering with iSCSI

Terry wrote:
On Jan 25, 2008 9:57 AM,  <gordan bobich net> wrote:
Also, two more questions:
1) What about putting this NFS cluster in VMware?
2) I am assuming this would have to be an active-standby model since
only 1 host can "own" the disk in read/write, correct?
No, the whole point of GFS is that you can have multiple nodes mounting
and using the same volume r/w at the same time.

Gordan

OK, that makes sense.  My other question is what other filesystems
does Red Hat support that can be used in this fashion?  PVFS, OCFS,
etc. ?

We use gfs for a scalable NFS-server. We have one filesysteem on fibre disk array and 5 gfs servers mount this filesystem. The 5 gfs servers export this filesystem as NFS to +/- 800 nodes.

This is our setup for gfs/nfs

Regards

*  Bas van der Vlies                     e-mail: basv sara nl      *