Re: [Linux-cluster] architecture discussion -- NFS clustering with iSCSI

gordan bobich net wrote:
Also, two more questions:
1) What about putting this NFS cluster in VMware?
2) I am assuming this would have to be an active-standby model since
only 1 host can "own" the disk in read/write, correct?
No, the whole point of GFS is that you can have multiple nodes mounting
and using the same volume r/w at the same time.

OK, that makes sense.  My other question is what other filesystems
does Red Hat support that can be used in this fashion?  PVFS, OCFS,
etc. ?

By and large, none. GFS is fairly unique in the way it does things. The
rest of the world hasn't really caught up yet. ;-)

That is not really true ;-):

 SGI (Silicon Graphics) has : cxfs
 IBM                        : gpfs

And there are more , but we use also the above ones on our Site.

*  Bas van der Vlies                     e-mail: basv sara nl      *