Re: [Linux-cluster] architecture discussion -- NFS clustering with iSCSI

In an active-standby NFS cluster scenario, is GFS still required as
the format for the data drives?  I would be using a 2 node cluster so
I would need a quorum disk too.  Since only 1 node will have access at
any one time, could I get away with ext3 (or whatever) formatted
volumes?

As long as you can absolutely guarantee that no more than 1 node will mount the volume, yes, you can use ext3.

Along the same note, I am going to ask an obvious question and answer
it myself.  :)   In an active-active, this would definitely need to be
GFS formatted, correct?

Yes.

Gordan