Re: [Linux-cluster] Can't create new GFS storage

I'm afraid I can't help much since I don't use LVM, but having said that, you don't have to use LVM. You can have GFS on the raw device. That's what I always do.

But if you have to use LVM, are you using LVM or CLVM? For clustering to work, you'll need CLVM.

Gordan

isplist logicore net wrote:
I've replaced some drives on a test chassis and am trying to set up GFS on one of the blades. When I try to pvcreate, it just sits there and hangs.

I've tried rebooting the storage, rebooting the FC switch and the server. I can see the storage using fdisk -l but can't seem to do anything with it.
Any thoughts on what to try as I also don't see anything in the logs.

Mike