[Linux-cluster] Long delays after idle time

isplist at logicore.net isplist at logicore.net
Tue Jan 29 04:51:08 UTC 2008

When I have a GFS volume that sits for even a few minutes, it seems to go into
some weird sleep mode. It can take up to 45 seconds or more to finally get it
to respond, at which point, it will be fine until there is no use and it seems
to go back to sleep mode.

Sleep mode, for lack of better term just means that after it sits for a while,
it always has a long delay before allowing access when I next try.

I posted about this last year but no one seemed to have any thoughts. How
about this time? Are there some tests I can run to help find the problem?

Mike