[Linux-cluster] noatime

gordan at bobich.net gordan at bobich.net
Tue Jan 29 16:14:06 UTC 2008

The main reason why performance improves with noatime (is the
nodiratime flag supported?) is because it means no write happens for ever
file read. That means no locking required, which is the main thing that
slows down concurrent accesses. I don't know what the first-access issue
might be, but noatime should help under heavy concurrent use.

Gordan