[Linux-cluster] DLM Problem

isplist at logicore.net isplist at logicore.net
Tue Jan 29 18:17:15 UTC 2008

New thread since this is a DLM issue :)

> As I understand it, basically the first node to access a file must do some
> lock checks - see if anyone has already locked it, attempt to lock it, let
> the other nodes know about it, etc.

I think I see what's going on. I see the following error in my logs which
suggests to me that every connection is being checked since locking is not
happening.

Jan 29 11:24:04 compdev kernel: GFS: fsid=compweb:web.0: jid=3: replays = 0,
skips = 1, sames = 24
Jan 29 11:24:04 compdev kernel: GFS: fsid=compweb:web.0: jid=3: Journal
replayed in 1s
Jan 29 11:24:04 compdev kernel: GFS: fsid=compweb:web.0: jid=3: Done
Jan 29 11:30:10 compdev kernel: dlm: could not bind to local address for
connect: -98
Jan 29 11:35:40 compdev kernel: dlm: could not bind to local address for
connect: -98
Jan 29 11:38:35 compdev kernel: dlm: could not bind to local address for
connect: -98

I'm not finding a lot on google about how to go about finding the problem,
fixing it.

Mike