[Linux-cluster] starting cman changes cluster.conf file? what in..

Lon Hohberger lhh at redhat.com
Tue Jan 29 19:10:44 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-01-29 at 20:51 +0200, m.. mm.. wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can somebody help me, when i am starting service cman in my cluster, it changes the /etc/cluster/cluster.conf file? how is'it possible?

You *must* change the cluster name!

> I am trying to get an other cluster enviroment in same network where i have allready on cluster working.
>
> So this is then what happens.. i don't understand what is happening here!
> Starting cluster:
>    Mounting configfs... done
>    Starting ccsd... done
>    Starting cman... failed
> cman not started: Can't find local node name in cluster.conf /usr/sbin/cman_tool: aisexec daemon didn't start
>                                                            [FAILED]

Other things to look out for:

 * 'uname -n' must match something in cluster.conf.  If it doesn't,
   you need to edit /etc/init.d/cman: right before line 44
   ("load_modules()"), put:

      cman_join_opts+="-n <name_from_cluster.conf>"

   This must be done on each cluster member!

 * chkconfig --del openais (if it's not already disabled)

-- Lon