[Linux-cluster] gfs1 vrs gfs2 best practices in CentOS 5.1(RHEL5.1)

Doug Sharp dsharp at ivytech.edu
Wed Jan 30 17:40:43 UTC 2008

I'm also running CentOS 5.1 brought up to date via yum.  I have the same /sbin links that you show, but didn't notice it when I created my filesystems.  I used gfs_mkfs and it created and is successfully managing the GFS1 filesystems.  I've manually mounted them using "mount /dev/vg/lv /mntpt" and also by letting cluster manager mount them (and unmount them) via the gfs resource.

So, what Gordon says appears to be true for my system - backward compatible.  I also noticed that doing an lsmod | grep gfs shows that both kernel modules are loaded.

Doug