[Linux-cluster] Can't create new GFS storage

Patrick Caulfeld pcaulfie at redhat.com
Thu Jan 31 11:59:47 UTC 2008

isplist at logicore.net wrote:
> I can't really believe no one knows the answer or some tips on where to look
> for the problem. Maybe it's totally obvious and I'm just not catching it?
>
> There must be someone on this list who has some thoughts on this? I've been
> asking about it for days now :).

Unless you've solved your DLM port problem, clvmd will not work. If
that's still causing trouble then you need to focus on that and fix it
before worrying about other things. NOt having a DLM will prevent a few
things from working.

I think what you need to do there is to remove all the software you have
(make sure it also deletes the init scripts), and reinstall it complete
with a brand new cluster.conf file.

Patrick