[Linux-cluster] manual fencing -- 1 node missing file

Lon Hohberger lhh at redhat.com
Thu Jan 31 16:00:09 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-01-30 at 16:07 -0600, Terry wrote:
> For some reason, I can't fence a node:
>
> fence_ack_manual -n nfs00a.foobar.local
> can't open /tmp/fence_manual.fifo: No such file or directory
>
> This file exists on the node that I am trying to fence.  What is
> responsible for creating this file and how do I get it back?  I am
> guessing it has to do with fenced.  Any ideas?

fence_manual works by you power cycling the affected node first before
trying to run fence_ack_manual

fence_manual creates the file - you'll have to see the logs on the
system to see what node created it; some nodes will say:

  fencing of X deferred to node Y

Step 1: Power cycle node X
Step 2: Log in to node Y and run fence_ack_manual -n X

-- Lon