[Linux-cluster] DLM Problem

Patrick Caulfeld pcaulfie at redhat.com
Thu Jan 31 16:25:46 UTC 2008

isplist at logicore.net wrote:
>> You could just try it without LVM alltogether. LVM is entirely optional in
>> this.
>
> I didn't know that to be honest. I think you had mentioned it in another post.
> Since day one my understanding was that GFS had to be set up using LVM.
> What are the steps to creating a GFS volume without LVM?
>
> PS: I cleanly rebooted everything again. The logs still show the following;
>
> //
> Jan 31 09:44:45 compdev kernel: dlm: could not bind to local address for
> connect: -98
> \\

CLVM is not the problem, it's the DLM. clvmd relies on the DLM to do
locking, that's all. As GFS also needs the DLM, trying to get it running
without clvmd will not help unfortunately.

The bind error needs to be sorted out - as I said elsewhere, nothing is
going to work until it is. There's something VERY odd about those
addresses in netstat that reeks of a configuration error somewhere - one
I've never seen before I must admit!

Patrick