[Linux-cluster] IP resource behavior

Hi,

We noticed today that if we manually remove an IP via ip a del <IP>/32 dev bond0 that the service does not detect this and does not cause a fail over.  Shouldn't the service be statusing the IP resource to make sure it is configured and up?  We do have the monitor link option enabled.  This is cluster 2 on RHEL 5.1

TIA
Jeremy