Re: [Linux-cluster] Multipathing, CLVM and GFS

Sajesh Singh wrote:
Centos 4.6
Cluster Suite

I am currently running a 2 node GFS cluster. The storage is provided via a fiber channel connection to the SAN. Each node currently has a single FC connection to the SAN. I would like to migrate to using dm-multipath with each node having dual fiber channel connections to the SAN. Can I assume that CLVM is aware of the /dev/dm-# devices that are used to access the multipathed devices? Are there any gotchas that are associated with installing the device-mapper-multipath software after the GFS cluster is up and running? Are there any howtos available for this type of setup?

clvmd works fine with dm-multipath devices. You will probably have to edit /etc/lvm/lvm.conf to exclude the underlying /dev/sd devices to stop it getting confused though.

You won't be able to do this with GFS mounted on the local node though, you'll have to umount it, setup dm-multipath, vgscan & remount. You CAN leave them mounted on other nodes while you do it.

--

Chrissie