[Linux-cluster] Updated to 5.2, new gfs/locking messages

Andrew A. Neuschwander andrew at ntsg.umt.edu
Thu Jul 10 16:54:41 UTC 2008

I finally updated all my gfs cluster nodes to 5.2, when I updated the one
node that serves NFS, I started getting these in /var/log/messages:

gfs_controld[5079]: plock result write err 0 errno 2
kernel: lockd: grant for unknown block
kernel: gfs2 lock granted after lock request failed; dangling lock!
gfs_controld[5079]: plock result write err -1 errno 2
gfs_controld[5079]: plock result write err 0 errno 2

The "plock result write err" messages occur frequently. This is a centos
5.2 node serving nfs from a gfs filesystem. The nfs client that seems to
generate these errors is a fedora 9 nfs3 client, but that's just a guess.

I can't find much about these messages via google. How serious are these
messages?

Thanks,
-A
--