[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]

RE: [Linux-cluster] How to Install Cluster-2.03.<> Package..



I downloaded an old cluster version 2.00.00<>
And tried to install.

[root BL02DL385 cluster-2.00.00]# ./configure
configure gnbd-kernel

Configuring Makefiles for your system...
Can't open /usr/src/linux-2.6/include/linux/version.h at ./configure
line 95.
configure ccs
^[[D
Configuring Makefiles for your system...
Completed Makefile configuration

configure cman

Configuring Makefiles for your system...
Completed Makefile configuration

configure group

Configuring Makefiles for your system...
Completed Makefile configuration

configure dlm

Configuring Makefiles for your system...
Completed Makefile configuration

configure fence

Configuring Makefiles for your system...
Completed Makefile configuration

configure gfs-kernel

Configuring Makefiles for your system...
Can't open /usr/src/linux-2.6/include/linux/version.h at ./configure
line 107.
configure gfs

Configuring Makefiles for your system...
Completed Makefile configuration

configure gfs2

Configuring Makefiles for your system...
Completed Makefile configuration

configure gnbd

Configuring Makefiles for your system...
Completed Makefile configuration

configure rgmanager

Configuring Makefiles for your system...
Completed Makefile configuration

[root BL02DL385 cluster-2.00.00]# ls
ccs     cman       dlm  fence  gfs2        gnbd         group
rgmanager
clumon  configure  doc  gfs    gfs-kernel  gnbd-kernel  Makefile
scripts
[root BL02DL385 cluster-2.00.00]# make
make -C gnbd-kernel all
make[1]: Entering directory `/root/cluster-2.00.00/gnbd-kernel'
make -C src all
make[2]: Entering directory `/root/cluster-2.00.00/gnbd-kernel/src'
make -C  M=/root/cluster-2.00.00/gnbd-kernel/src modules
USING_KBUILD=yes
make: *** M=/root/cluster-2.00.00/gnbd-kernel/src: No such file or
directory.  Stop.
make: Entering an unknown directorymake: Leaving an unknown
directorymake[2]: *** [all] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/cluster-2.00.00/gnbd-kernel/src'
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/cluster-2.00.00/gnbd-kernel'
make: *** [all] Error 2

Any idea why now this issue am I facing?

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-cluster-bounces redhat com
[mailto:linux-cluster-bounces redhat com] On Behalf Of GS R
Sent: Monday, July 14, 2008 4:09 PM
To: linux clustering
Subject: Re: [Linux-cluster] How to Install Cluster-2.03.<> Package..

Singh Raina, Ajeet wrote:
> I am newbie to Kernel Upgradation.I downloaded the patch but donno
know
> how to proceed further.The patch is in .bzip2 format and all I did is
> run bunzip2 and that did the untar for me.
> Can you help me with further step?
>   
Hope you are doing this on a test machine.
Do not try patching your kernel if you are not sure what you are doing. 
That might be harmful.
Try downloading the complete kernel RPM and upgrade it.

Check for kernel RPMS:
http://rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/search.php?query=kernel&submit=Search+
...&system=&arch=
http://rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/search.php?query=kernel-devel&submit=S
earch+...&system=&arch=
ftp://rpmfind.net/linux/fedora/releases/9/Everything/i386/os/Packages/ke
rnel-2.6.25-14.fc9.i686.rpm

Thanks
Gowrishankar Rajaiyan

> -----Original Message-----
> From: linux-cluster-bounces redhat com
> [mailto:linux-cluster-bounces redhat com] On Behalf Of GS R
> Sent: Monday, July 14, 2008 3:46 PM
> To: linux clustering
> Subject: Re: [Linux-cluster] How to Install Cluster-2.03.<> Package..
>
> Singh Raina, Ajeet wrote:
>   
>> I have already setup Cluster-0.9 version Setup.Will Kernel
upgradation
>> flush this out?
>>   
>>     
> Upgrading the kernel should not flush out anything simply because your

> previous kernel is intact and you can boot into it.
> But make sure you do a /-Uvh/ and not a/ -ivh/.
>   
>> Can you let me know the quick steps to do that?
>>   
>>     
> quick steps of what? Not clear what steps you are expecting here.
>   
>> I checked with the List of kernel version and I think RHEL 4 Update 3
>> will be the right choice?
>>
>>   
>>     
> I am not sure about the RHEL version here. Thats for you to confirm
it.
> :-)
>
> Thanks
> Gowrishankar Rajaiyan
>
>
>   
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: linux-cluster-bounces redhat com
>> [mailto:linux-cluster-bounces redhat com] On Behalf Of GS R
>> Sent: Monday, July 14, 2008 3:33 PM
>> To: linux clustering
>> Subject: Re: [Linux-cluster] How to Install Cluster-2.03.<> Package..
>>
>> Singh Raina, Ajeet wrote:
>>   
>>     
>>> I did the steps said by you but it is throwing error:
>>>
>>>
>>> [root BL01DL385 cluster-2.03.04]# ./configure
>>>
>>> Configuring Makefiles for your system...
>>>
>>> Checking tree: nothing to do
>>>
>>> Checking kernel:
>>>  Current kernel version: 2.6.9
>>>  Minimum kernel version: 2.6.25
>>>  FAILED!
>>>
>>> Should I have to upgrade the kernel Version.
>>>   
>>>     
>>>       
>> Yes. You will have to upgrade the kernel.
>> Check http://www.kernel.org/ for the latest stable kernel.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Gowrishankar Rajaiyan
>>
>>
>> --
>> Linux-cluster mailing list
>> Linux-cluster redhat com
>> https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/linux-cluster
>>
>>
>> This e-mail and any attachment is for authorised use by the intended
>>     
> recipient(s) only. It may contain proprietary material, confidential
> information and/or be subject to legal privilege. It should not be
> copied, disclosed to, retained or used by, any other party. If you are
> not an intended recipient then please promptly delete this e-mail and
> any attachment and all copies and inform the sender. Thank you.
>   
>>
>> --
>> Linux-cluster mailing list
>> Linux-cluster redhat com
>> https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/linux-cluster
>>
>>   
>>     
>
> --
> Linux-cluster mailing list
> Linux-cluster redhat com
> https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/linux-cluster
>
>
> This e-mail and any attachment is for authorised use by the intended
recipient(s) only. It may contain proprietary material, confidential
information and/or be subject to legal privilege. It should not be
copied, disclosed to, retained or used by, any other party. If you are
not an intended recipient then please promptly delete this e-mail and
any attachment and all copies and inform the sender. Thank you.
>
>
>
> --
> Linux-cluster mailing list
> Linux-cluster redhat com
> https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/linux-cluster
>
>   

--
Linux-cluster mailing list
Linux-cluster redhat com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/linux-cluster


This e-mail and any attachment is for authorised use by the intended recipient(s) only. It may contain proprietary material, confidential information and/or be subject to legal privilege. It should not be copied, disclosed to, retained or used by, any other party. If you are not an intended recipient then please promptly delete this e-mail and any attachment and all copies and inform the sender. Thank you.




[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]