Re: [Linux-cluster] KNowing CLuster Version..

Singh Raina, Ajeet wrote:
How can I know which cluster I have installed my system with.

I can see the version through system-config-cluster > Help.And it says: 1.9.<>.

I don’t even see any entry in cluster.conf which shows the cluster version?

It rather depends on what you actually need to know. the first line of "cman_tool status" shows the cman protocol version. This translates as

5.x.x   RHEL4    aka Cluster1
6.x.x 	RHEL5	 aha Cluster2

But cluster3 also uses 6.x.x because we are aiming at backward compatibility from cluster 2 to cluster3.

"cluster" is a collection of components and they all have their own versions depending on which updates have been applied to which components. The only way to be totally precise about which "cluster" version you have is to list the RPM or DEB version numbers of the packages.

--

Chrissie