[Linux-cluster] gfs2 performance

Hi,

Unfortunately, we formatted 8TB volume with EXT3 and finally put it into production.

I am really disappointed with GFS2 performance, it is not fast enough for large file systems with many files. On the other hand we still use GFS for a 350gb partition with low IO. GFS has many good promises but only for some specific environments with probably low IO, small number of files etc..

I think it can never be as fast as EXT3 because if its design and targets but something close would make us more than happy.

best wishes,
Ozgur Akan