Re: [Linux-cluster] Configuring only one node tu use gfs2

Do you need to install cluster suite in order to use gfs?

Gary Romo
Inactive hide details for Bob Peterson <rpeterso redhat com>Bob Peterson <rpeterso redhat com>

          Bob Peterson <rpeterso redhat com>
          Sent by: linux-cluster-bounces redhat com

          07/17/2008 02:46 PM

          Please respond to
          rpeterso redhat com; Please respond to
          linux clustering <linux-cluster redhat com>

linux clustering <linux-cluster redhat com>

cc

Subject

On Thu, 2008-07-17 at 13:37 +0200, carlopmart wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>   I need to setup a GFS2 partition to store vmachines but only in one host
> (rhel5.2). How can I configure GFS2 do this? Do I need to install cluster suite??
>
> Thanks.

Hi,

All you need to do is something like this:

mkfs.gfs2 -j 1 -p lock_nolock /dev/your/device

Regards,

Bob Peterson
Red Hat Clustering & GFS