Re: [Linux-cluster] CS5 / ip addr instead of node name in cluster.conf ?

Alain Moulle wrote:
Hi

I think I remember that with CS4, it was possible
to set IP addr instead of node name in cluster.conf
such as :

<clusternode name="177.31.1.12

but with CS5, it seems that if we use IP addr, cman
refuses to start with a returned error like :

----------
cman not started: Can't find local node name in cluster.conf
/usr/sbin/cman_tool: aisexec daemon didn't start
                                                           [FAILED]
storioha start : Problem when starting cman; start aborted

Did I miss a point or ...
an idea to use IP addr in cluster.conf with CS5 ?

No. it should work fine.

--

Chrissie