[Linux-cluster] Fencing using iDRAC/ Dell M600

Brandon Young bkyoung at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 20:05:57 UTC 2008

I use this method of fencing on my cluster.  With RHCS, there is a supplied
fencing script for DRAC cards.  The trick is you have to enable telnet on
the DRAC cards for the supplied script to work (you can either do this
through the web interface, or install the Dell Management Software and issue
some command I don't remember right now).  Since the DRAC cards are (should
be) on a private network, this is not too bad of a problem.