[Linux-cluster] ANNOUNCE: cluster.git repository moved to fedorahosted.org

Fabio M. Di Nitto fdinitto at redhat.com
Tue Jul 29 20:09:27 UTC 2008

Hi everybody,

the new repository is now available here:

  * git://git.fedorahosted.org/cluster.git (Anonymous)
  * ssh://git.fedorahosted.org/git/cluster.git (Authorized)
  * http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/cluster.git (Git Web)

the old repository has been made read-only and it's not possible to push
changes there anylonger.

In order to switch to the new repository you can either perform a clone
or change .git/config [remote "origin"] url= to match the new one.

IMPORTANT NOTES:

- - commit email format has changed.
- - commit email header contains the same (and more) X-Git information that
   can be used for filtering.
- - emails to cluster-cvs at sources.redhat.com are temporary disabled.
   notifications. This will change soon in such a way that _only_
   cluster-cvs will see commit emails.
- - the FC4 and STABLE branches are now frozen and cannot be changed.
   (You will receive an error from git push)
- - all branches in the "git branch -r" list (as of today) cannot be
   deleted.
   (You will receive an error from git push)
- - only branched in the "git branch -r" list (as of today) will generate
   emails to  cluster-devel/cvs. This filter allows to push changes to
   private branches without flooding people inbox'es and mailing list.
- - tags cannot be deleted.
   (You will receive an error from git push)

Please notify me immediatly in case of problems with the new tree.

Many thanks should go to all the sysadmins that have been working hard to
assist our team in this transition. We seriously appreciate the effort.

Happy hacking
Fabio

- --