Re: [Linux-cluster] heartbeat over 2 NICs

Jakub Suchy wrote:
Hi,
I would like to know, if it's possible to run heartbeat (through cman)
over two dedicated network NICs. AFAIK, in old hearbeat code, it was
possible using serial + NIC. Unfortunately, I was unable to find this in
any documentation and this is the first time a customer is requesting
this. (I am not talking about network bonding).

Basically, no.

If you want to use 2 NICs then bonding is what you need. cman can use dual NICs after a fashion but it's not supported and even less well tested.

Sorry.

--

Chrissie