[Linux-cluster] Changes in libccs behaviour (PLEASE READ!)

Fabio M. Di Nitto fdinitto at redhat.com
Mon Jun 9 15:22:38 UTC 2008

On Mon, 9 Jun 2008, Ryan O'Hara wrote:

> Fabio M. Di Nitto wrote:
>
>> ccs_test(8): not fully completed yet (another email will follow).
>
> ccs_test should go away. It was never intended to be used as a production
> tool, it was simply intended to be a tool to test ccs.

Indeed but it used as such and this is a fact :)

> Futhermore, the fact
> that you must create connections and then use those connection ID's in order
> to extract information from ccs is overkill. What we really want is a simple
> tool that handles xpath queries for config information. The idea of
> "connections" should be hidden from the user.

Not anymore. with the new libccs, there is no need to establish a
connection. You just need to pass something > 0 instead of the fd.
I kept the fd option around to avoid breaking the compatibility.

What ccs_test is missing is only an option to select full xpath vs xpath
lite at the moment.

> I believe there is some overlap between ccs_test and ccs_tool. If I recall,
> ccs_tool can handle some simple xpath queries. Even better is that users do
> not have to create connections, etc.

No, ccs_tool doesn't handle queries at all.

As above, no need to create connections anylonger :) I only need to finish
that switch and write those changes.

Fabio