[Linux-cluster] Create Cluster using existing LVM on shared storage

Jonathan Brassow jbrassow at redhat.com
Thu Jun 12 16:20:56 UTC 2008

Snapshot volumes are the only thing that would not work (because there
is no cluster-aware snapshot implementation yet).

Other than that, all your volumes will convert just fine without
having to recreate, etc.

Once you've got the cluster infrastructure setup, all you need to do is:
*> setup cluster infrastructure
*> install lvm2-cluster
1> vgchange -an <volume group> # deactivate volumes
2> vgchange -cy <volume group>  # set cluster attribute
3> vgchange -ay <volume group> # re-activate the volumes

  brassow