[Linux-cluster] GFS2 nulling larger files.

Stephen Amadei stephenamadei at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 17 03:47:44 UTC 2008

Hello.

I'm running cluster-2.03.02, Openais-0.80.3, lvm2-2.02.36 on top of a DRBD 8.0.12 device on Slackware 12.0 almost 12.1 box.  I stuck with these versions, as newer versions didn't provide the features I needed or didn't compile for various reasons.

So, everything was running well, but now after testing somewhat, when I copy files to the GFS2 partition, the files larger than 2.9K, but smaller than 4.3K get nulled.

So, I'm up and running.  Both A and B have the GFS2 partition /var/shared running.  On A, I copy some files to /var/shared.  ls -l /var/shared shows the files have the proper size... and CATing the files shows content.  On B, the files larger than 2.9K are null... zero size, and you can't cat them.  If I unmount /var/shared on A and remount it, it also only sees proper file sizes up to 2.9K, everything else is null.

fsck doesn't seem to see anything wrong with the partition.

What on earth could be the problem here?

Thanks in advance.

Stephen