[Linux-cluster] GFS2 nulling larger files.

Stephen Amadei stephenamadei at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 17 21:44:13 UTC 2008

>On Mon, 2008-06-16 at 23:47 -0400, Stephen Amadei wrote:
>> So, everything was running well, but now after testing somewhat, when I copy files to the GFS2 partition,>>the files larger than 2.9K, but smaller than 4.3K get nulled.

>We're already aware of the problem and are working on it.
>We know kind of what's going on and which set of patches
>broke it. Basically, we rewrote some of the block allocation
>code for performance reasons and that's the bit having the problem.

>It seems to be a problem only in the upstream code; the GFS2 code
>in RHEL5.2 has the old allocation code, so it doesn't have the
>problem. So a fix shouldn't be too far off. Part of the
>problem, though, is that Steve Whitehouse is on holiday, so
>we're short-handed and any fixes we develop would have to be
>pushed to the git tree by him.

I'm kind of new to the whole Cluster/OpenAIS/GFS2-tools thing, so bear with me...

Specifically, which package is causing the problem?  Cluster?  I assume when you mean upstream code, I assume you mean the code that is part of the kernel, as, yes, I am running a pretty new kernel... 2.6.24.7-grsec.

While I would like to wait until the problem is fixed, is there a known good version of one package (Kernel, Cluster, OpenAIS, GFS-tools, etc.) or combo that would get me up and running?  I need to have GFS2 running a week ago, and due to various problems, I am already horribly late in getting this deployed.

Thanks.

Stephen