Re: [Linux-cluster] Disabling cman at boot

On Thu, 19 Jun 2008, Federico Simoncelli wrote:

On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 2:24 PM, Fabio M. Di Nitto <fdinitto redhat com> wrote:
I see. I think i would prefer to see the parsing of cmdline done directly by
cman/gfs/rgmanager init scripts rather than an extra one.

I agree with you. Adding an extra service is not necessary and we
still need to patch cman/gfs/rgmanager(/clvmd?) just to check a
different condition (is /etc/cluster/skip_* present?).

that's also another benefit.

Anyway my vote is for "nocluster" at boot.

we will need 2 options. One to disable only gfs and one to disable everything.

If you think this might be
okay I could work on the patch tomorrow and post it for feedback.

sure, that would be nice. Please start from the master branch in git (or grab the latest 2.99.xx release). Backporting is going to be easier once it's there.

Do you think we should file a bug and continue the discussion there?

Sure. that's also fine by me.

Fabio