[Linux-cluster] Spectator mount option

Hello,
we are currently testing the specator mount option for giving nodes readonly
access to a gfs filesystem.

One thing we found out is that any node having mounted the filesystem with
spectator mount option cannot do recovery when a node in the cluster fails.
That means we need at least 2 rw-nodes. It's clear when I keep in mind that
the node has no rw-access to the journal and therefor cannot do the journal
replay. But it is not mentioned anywhere.

Could you please explain the ideas and other "unnormal" behaviors coming along
with the spectator mount-options.

And are there any advantages from it except the "having no journal"?

--
Gruss / Regards,

Marc Grimme
http://www.atix.de/               http://www.open-sharedroot.org/