[Linux-cluster] GFS + DRBD Problems

Marc Grimme grimme at atix.de
Tue Mar 4 11:43:07 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 04 March 2008 12:11:24 gordan at bobich.net wrote:

> >> OK. Is there anything else that needs to be tone to enable it, or will
> >> it "just work" if it is specified, as above, in cluster.conf?
> >
> > It should. You will be able to start/stop it with the
> > /etc/init.d/fenceacksv initscript. Then try to telnet and type help. It
> > SHOULD tell you all you need.
>
> Ah, OK, that would be the problem, then. I disabled the init script in the
> default run level. I thought it would get started up by the initrd in the
> host root, not by the init script in the guest root.
>
> It doesn't seem to start up correctly, though. It says "OK", but I cannot
> see it running afterwards, and the machine isn't responding on port 12242
> on any of it's 3 interfaces (cluster, external, loopback).
Hmm what does your cluster.conf say?

> One other thing I noticed is that my clock seems to be consistently 5
> hours out until the first ntpd sync. Could this be related? Could it be
> that the clock jump of this magnitude is confusing dlm?
Oh yes. I had this problem very recently. This yields a very odd behaviour as
the fist node to join the cluster got frozen (no cluster process running any
more) and only the second one comes up.

Marc.

> Gordan

Gruss / Regards,

Marc Grimme
Phone: +49-89 452 3538-14
http://www.atix.de/               http://www.open-sharedroot.org/

**
ATIX Informationstechnologie und Consulting AG
Einsteinstr. 10
85716 Unterschleissheim
Deutschland/Germany

Phone: +49-89 452 3538-0
Fax:   +49-89 990 1766-0

Registergericht: Amtsgericht Muenchen
Registernummer: HRB 168930
USt.-Id.: DE209485962

Vorstand:
Marc Grimme, Mark Hlawatschek, Thomas Merz (Vors.)

Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats:
Dr. Martin Buss