[Linux-cluster] GFS2 delete file have bug in cluster mode

chenzp nhuczp at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 08:08:27 UTC 2008

hi all:

      I have 2 nodes node1 and node2,use  kernel 2.6.22.15. .
     the two node use clustat  command display is ok.
     in now create volume  and use lock_dlm mode mkfs.gf2.( mkfs.gfs2 -p
lock_dlm -t uitcluster:gfs2 -j 8 /dev/vg-test/lv-test ) and then
     mount. (mount.gfs2 /dev/vg-test/lv-test /mnt/gfs2 )
     user dd write file in node1(  dd if=/dev/zero
of=/mnt/gfs2/$(hostname).1 bs=1M count=1024 ),when write finish,check file
in node2 is
    ok!

     but if delete node1.1 file in node2 ( rm -rf /mnt/gfs2node1.1)  and
then use ls -l /mnt/gfs2 no file;and use ll -h /mnt/gfs2/ no file the size
    is  0;  and then use df -h check ,  the used no any change;the Space no
free.

     my mean is: if you use node1 write file and then use node2 delete node1
write file,and then use df -h check disk,the space no free;
     if you use node1 write file and then use node1 delete node1 write file
this is ok.

carry.chen