Re: [Linux-cluster] Two node NFS cluster serving multiple networks

FYI -   everything worked as I expected.  I put a second interface in each host and configured it for another network.  Then, I configured the resources for this 2nd network and created a separate service specifically for the resources on this network.  So I have a service for nfs exports to our 91.0 network and another for exports to our 20.0 network.  Using different nfs client resources, I can mount rw on one network and ro on the other, for example.  I figured it would work this way, but I hadn't tested it yet.  I must admit I sweating a bit until I actually saw it work.

Thanks,

Randy

Brian Kroth wrote:
OK, poorly thought out example.

FYI, in heartbeat you can specify which interface to use for the
service IP, though like rgmanager, you generally don't have to:

http://www.linux-ha.org/HeartbeatResourceAgent/IPaddr2
http://www.linux-ha.org/v2/Examples/Simple

Alex Kompel <barbos gmail com> 2008-03-12 10:39:

You will still need some way to tell the system through which
interface you want to route outgoing packets for each target.
You can achieve the same with greater ease by splitting the network in
 2 subnets and assigning each to a single interface.
It all depends on the problem you are trying to solve. If you want
redundancy - use active-passive bonding, you want throughput - use
active-active bonding (if your switch supports link aggregation), if
you want security and isolation - use separate subnets.

-Alex