[Linux-cluster] Failover IPs and Interfaces

Dirk Herrmann herrmann at creatux.de
Thu Mar 13 17:19:21 UTC 2008

I don't know that there would be such a possibility in the cluster.conf.
But I think you do not need this.

Look at the function ipv4_same_subnet in the
script /usr/share/cluster/ip.sh, this and the following ones should do
this for you. The script figures out which physical interface(s) (even
if bonded) owns this ip and netmask and should add the ip to the rigt
interface with the "ip" command.

If you really want to specify it on an other way, you can modify the
ip.sh script.

But if you define an ip directly to an interface you have to define all
interfaces with persistent and equal configuration on all your nodes.

Hope that this can help you.

Regards

Dirk