Re: [Linux-cluster] performance using low-latency network for cluster/GFS communication

Shawn Hood napisaƂ(a):
> I was just curious if anyone has used IP-over-Infiniband or other
> low-latency network configurations with GFS?  Can any conclusion be
> drawn about how well this improves overall GFS performance, especially
> in scenarios where the filesystems contain large numbers of small
> files?
>
> Along the same vein, how unadisable is it to use a shared gigabit
> network that is mildly to moderarely utilized for these
> communications?  It seems out network performance may be hurting our
> overall cluster performance, causing nodes to drop out of the cluster.

Hello,

It would be very interesting to test, but I don't have Infiniband
hardware. Here is thread about latency and network speed [1].

[1] -
https://www.redhat.com/archives/linux-cluster/2007-September/msg00108.html

Best Regards
Maciej Bogucki