[Linux-cluster] Postfix active/active mail cluster

Mehmet CELIK bsd_daemon at msn.com
Sat Mar 22 23:14:18 UTC 2008

Hi, of course, you can do this. so, each node on *LVS will respond active. But, this is different from storage subject. The IMAP don't be problem. But, the SMTP can be a problem. Because, you have dynamic ip on the RBL checks. For this, you must use smtp gateway. All outgoing smtp traffic must be from a single IP.

LVS: Linux Virtual Server
-- Mehmet CELIKIstanbul/TURKEY

Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 13:29:01 -0700From: nkj690 at yahoo.comTo: linux-cluster at redhat.comSubject: [Linux-cluster] Postfix active/active mail cluster

Hi, We would like to build a postfix & Dovecot active/active mail cluster with a shared data backend (ocfs2 or gfs).  Has anyone done this with or without the use of front end load balancers (done with DNS?).  If so can you let me know if there is any documentation out there or email threds explaining this proccess or setup?

thank you,