[Linux-cluster] RHEL5 cluster suite

I am new at using the RHEL5 cluster suite and I was wondering is some one can answer a question.

Using the system-config-cluster I have set up my apache resource.  I also created an IP address as a resource.  When I create a service I was told to add the apache resource and the IP resource to the service.

What is the purpose of the IP address resource?
Is this the address to access the webserver?

Thanks,

rotseN :-)