[Linux-cluster] Re: How do you verify/test fencing?

Gary Romo wrote:

Is there a command that you can run to test/veryify that fencing is working properly?
Or that it is part of the fence if you will?
I realize that the primary focus of the fence is to shut off the other server(s). However, when I have a cluster up, how can I determine that all of my nodes are properly fenced?

well.. If you would like to check that fencing devices are properly configured via cluster.conf, issue fence_node NODENAME pr. node. with all cluster services running.

Of course, you would ideally want to do this one node at a time.

This will ensure cluster.conf has proper fencing setup and that the fencing devices actually work. If the node isn't locked out of the cluster when you issue fence_node then there is something wrong..

--
Denis