[Linux-cluster] GFS lock cache or bug?

smeacham at charter.net smeacham at charter.net
Thu May 8 13:51:47 UTC 2008

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

-----Original Message-----
From: Wendy Cheng <s.wendy.cheng at gmail.com>

Date: Thu, 08 May 2008 09:28:22
To:linux clustering <linux-cluster at redhat.com>
Subject: Re: [Linux-cluster] GFS lock cache or bug?

Ja S wrote:
> Hi, All:

I have an old write-up about GFS lock cache issues. Shareroot people had
pulled it into their web site:
http://open-sharedroot.org/Members/marc/blog/blog-on-gfs/glock-trimming-patch/?searchterm=gfs

It should explain some of your confusions. The tunables described in
that write-up are formally included into RHEL 5.1 and RHEL 4.6 right now
(so no need to ask for private patches).

There is a long story about GFS(1)'s "ls -la" problem that one time I
did plan to do something about it. Unfortunately I'm having a new job
now so the better bet is probably going for GFS2.

Will pass some thoughts about GFS1's "ls -la" when I have some spare
time next week.

-- Wendy