Re: [Linux-cluster] GFS on fedora

Hello, Gordan,
Are you sure those are the packages?
When I try to yum install gfs-utils and kmod-gfs, it says it doesn't know those packages...

The other three are installed ok.

Help....

Best,
Oliveiros

2008/5/5 Gordan Bobic <gordan bobich net>:
Oliveiros Cristina wrote:
Howdy List,
I would like to install gfs on a two node cluster running both fedora 8.

Can anyone please kindly supply me with some links for the procedure?

First part of the procedure is to not use FC if you plan for this to be useful. FC7+ comes only with GFS2. There are no GFS1 packages included,  and GFS2 isn't stable yet.

Which packages are needed, where to get them, that sort of things.

cman
openais
gfs-utils
kmod-gfs
rgmanager

Can't remember if there may be more.

I've already googled up and down a little but I couldn't find no
rigourous information on this, or maybe I am just blind :-)

This is probably a not a bad place to start:
https://open.datacore.ch/DCwiki.open/Wiki.jsp?page=GFS#section-GFS-Documentation

Gordan