Re: [Linux-cluster] GFS on fedora

Oliveiros Cristina wrote:
Hello, Gordan,
Are you sure those are the packages?
When I try to yum install gfs-utils and kmod-gfs, it says it doesn't know those packages...

The other three are installed ok.

That's what the package names are on CentOS / RHEL5. I can't see why they would be different on Fedora, but you can always do:

# yum list | grep -i gfs

and see what that returns. It is possible that kmod-gfs is actually built into the kernel itself (Fedora have much more frequent complete kernel updates, as stability is not the main requirement), so there is no separate package.

If I had to hazard a guess, then gfs-utils isn't there because GFS1 isn't included in Fedora, only GFS2. So try gfs2-utils. The output of "yum list" should make it obvious if this is the case.

I said it before and I'll say it again - use FC's GFS2 at your peril. Last time I tried it (~6 months ago), it didn't work at all.

Gordan