[Linux-cluster] which journaling file system is used in GFS?

Ja S jas199931 at yahoo.com
Wed May 14 12:23:29 UTC 2008

Hi, All:

>From some online articles, in ext3, there are journal,
ordered, and writeback three types of journaling file
systems. Also in ext3, we can attach  the journaling
file system  to the journal block device located on a
different partition.

I have not yet found related information for GFS.

My questions are:

1. Does GFS also support the three types of journaling
file systems? If not, what journaling file system is
used in GFS?

2. What command I can use to find out which type of
journaling file system is used in the existing GFS
file sytem?

3. When updating journal files, does DLM process locks
on the journal files as well?

4. Can I attach  the journaling file system  to the
journal block device located on a different LUN for
GFS (just like ext3)?

Thanks in advance,

Jas