[Linux-cluster] GFS in High Traffic ?

Paul Berry paul at huffingtonpost.com
Thu May 15 21:44:48 UTC 2008

Hey guys - we're struggling with a GFS setup to get our 8 high traffic
servers onto a NEXSAN SataBoy so that we can leave our RSYNC process
which we've pushed to the extents of its capacity

We don't have all that much data, its less then  1TB total. The trick
is that these files get requested simultaneously under pretty
significant load. And as soon as we get 3 or 4 servers mounted to the
SAN we get melt-downs.

We also struggled today with one server messing with the journals and
taking down the other servers that were looking at the SAN (disaster).

The broad question I'd love to hear - is GFS a good solution to get
into for a situation like this?

I'd love to hear thoughts on this, and suggestions on the right path
is this seems like the wrong one

Best regards,
Pau