[Linux-cluster] New fencing method

Ross Vandegrift ross at kallisti.us
Mon May 19 23:03:47 UTC 2008

Hello everyone,

I wrote a new fencing method script that fences by remotely shutting
down a switchport.  The idea is to fabric fence an iSCSI client by
shutting down the port used for iSCSI connectivity.

This should work on any Ethernet switch that implements IF-MIB -
that's more or less any managed Ethernet switch.  It works by setting
IF-MIB::ifAdminStatus.ifIndex to down(1) - ie, disable the switchport
that the node is plugged into.

However, I'm having trouble finding how to integrate my script into
the fence_node system.  Is there a config file somewhere, or will I
need to build a custom version of fence_node?

I've attached my script.  It uses python and pysnmp v2.  Feel free to
use it, integrate it, forget about it, etc

Thanks in advance for any help!

--
Ross Vandegrift
ross at kallisti.us